"Of course, when I got here, the first place I went to was City Lights."
Space precludes a full rehearsal of Meltzer's career, and significant items — such as editing the poetry and kabbalah journal Tree in the '70s or co-founding the New College poetics program in '80s — can only be mentioned in passing. His precociousness has engendered a sort of perpetual youth, and you can still find Meltzer giving readings around town, solo or in tandem with Julie Rogers. He remains one of the key people who make San Francisco great.
Most Commented On
- I do live in a place I can - May 23, 2013
- If your out of town workers - May 23, 2013
- I was there last night... - May 23, 2013
- Brick and Mortar, not Brick and Martyr - May 23, 2013
- True - May 23, 2013
- Johnny told the truth and - May 23, 2013
- Entertainment Commission - May 23, 2013
- Are you also afraid of your - May 23, 2013
- Good to have Johnny here - May 23, 2013
- Adding to that... which they - May 23, 2013