Skewering the absurdities that inconvenience our daily lives
"The Business helped with developing our style and skills due to the regular 20-25 minute sets," says Keane. Of his fellow Business comics — including Caitlin Gill, Nato Green, and Bucky Sinister — Keane says, "When you perform with people every week, you pick up on stuff from them and you get pushed by seeing someone go out and kill."
"Sean is someone who makes stand up look easy," Gill says. "He is impossibly likable, endlessly witty, and incredibly fun to watch, even more fun to be around." One of Gill's most memorable moments with Keane was the "Competitive Erotic Fan Fiction" show, in which Keane performed bits entitled "Riding Miss Daisy" and "Zero Dark 69."
Sadly for San Francisco comedy fans, Keane is at that point in his career where a move may soon be necessary. "SF is a great place, but I need to get to the next level and there's no comedy industry here," he points out. "Your ceiling as a SF comic is two weekends a year at the Punchline, and two weekends a year at Cobb's. To become a headliner, you have to be famous. To be famous you have to get on TV. And it's hard to get on TV in a place that does not produce many TV shows."
Until then, Keane's Business is booming on Mission Street, delighting audiences every week — even those who have to ride those carpeted BART seats to get home. Catch him while you can.
Most Commented On
- My experience - July 31, 2014
- Ammiano and Leno seek to reform the Ellis Act and slow SF - July 31, 2014
- marcos, are you familiar with the role of a Whip? - July 31, 2014
- He has numbers. You do not, and nor do you have any - July 31, 2014
- Your home wasn't always a condo and so it would have been - July 31, 2014
- Clearly people want to live in the city because every new condo - July 31, 2014
- No, his point is that SF has a net deficit of 400,000 homes for - July 31, 2014
- Whatever their reasons for living in the suburbs, the reality is - July 31, 2014
- Perfect putdown. - July 31, 2014
- Why does it matter that people like you can no longer move here? - July 31, 2014