TABLEHOPPING: A trio of restaurant openings — Calvados, cheese cones, and craft beer, represent! — plus a new spot for loco moco, Spammy fries, and poke bowls.
BALLIN' ON A BUDGET
Anyone wistful for a little taste of Hawaii will want to scoot on over to the to-go window at Butterfly on the Embarcadero for their next lunch. The window is now Sammy's Aloha (Pier 33, The Embarcadero at Bay, 415-864-8999), with Sammy Kong Kee stuffing the awesome housemade milk buns with kalua-style pork and BBQ chicken (just $8). Rice bowls in effect (ahi poke and loco moco), noodle bowls, salads, bao... And whoa, the Spammy Fries ($5) come with fried sushi rice and salmon roe. All the ingredients are quality, and nothing's over $11. Mahalo. Open Tue–Sun (11am–3pm).
Most Commented On
- yfsNcaqpozeCLQWeyhk - August 19, 2014
- nmYqcjOzEiTOZA - August 19, 2014
- zGtVFbEYCsJgbn - August 19, 2014
- DZhDJTFfQdSvd - August 19, 2014
- bwxKYpmfPs - August 19, 2014
- gCqzaHtHGUrBQQ - August 19, 2014
- ENifTpemBLJ - August 19, 2014
- TPBujhfmYjWPnbn - August 19, 2014
- Bill would tax companies with wide CEO-worker pay disparities - August 19, 2014
- qJSfVJjhnVMT - August 19, 2014