San Francisco's wunderkind "Trumpet Kid" on the musical education he's gained from playing in the city streets
SFBG Amen. Are you tight with other street musicians downtown? Are there turf wars?
GA No, we all have a lot of respect for each other. It's whoever gets there first. But if someone ever really wanted me to move, that wouldn't be [a big deal].
SFBG How much do you make on a given day?
GA It really depends. Anywhere from a penny to $100. It's all going to help fund my career: paying for costumes, music videos, etc.
SFBG Any big projects coming up?
GA Well, I'm excited that I just signed with Journey's manager. And I'm going to be playing the 2015 Super Bowl halftime show in Arizona. And I met someone who wants to make a movie about me, called "Swaggy." (I'm Swaggy.) So yeah, it should be a fun year.
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014
- They're outraged but they don't want any Palestinians in - August 7, 2014
- At least we have the - August 7, 2014
- Yeah the Sunni and Shia have - August 7, 2014
- The US and UK and later - August 7, 2014
- But they did not exist until - August 7, 2014