San Francisco's wunderkind "Trumpet Kid" on the musical education he's gained from playing in the city streets
SFBG Amen. Are you tight with other street musicians downtown? Are there turf wars?
GA No, we all have a lot of respect for each other. It's whoever gets there first. But if someone ever really wanted me to move, that wouldn't be [a big deal].
SFBG How much do you make on a given day?
GA It really depends. Anywhere from a penny to $100. It's all going to help fund my career: paying for costumes, music videos, etc.
SFBG Any big projects coming up?
GA Well, I'm excited that I just signed with Journey's manager. And I'm going to be playing the 2015 Super Bowl halftime show in Arizona. And I met someone who wants to make a movie about me, called "Swaggy." (I'm Swaggy.) So yeah, it should be a fun year.
Most Commented On
- Seattle empowered - July 29, 2014
- The courts would differ with - July 29, 2014
- Absolutely! And none of our - July 29, 2014
- The Housing Elements are - July 29, 2014
- Wealthy NIMBYs know exactly - July 29, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - July 29, 2014
- David Chiu sounds like a sack of shit crook - July 29, 2014
- Growth potential - July 29, 2014
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - July 29, 2014
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 29, 2014