One of the craziest aspects of the whole ACORN saga has been how rightwing lies about the organization have been repeated so often that they have come to replace the truth in most people's minds.
For instance, according to the Office of California Attorney General Jerry Brown, there are no reports of votes that were cast fraudulently, thanks to anything ACORN did.
As Brown's press secretary Christine Gasparac clarified today, "ACORN itself did not commit, counsel, or aid and abet registration violations. Some of the canvassers employed by ACORN and paid on per registration basis handed in phony registrations in order to make money and all were all caught and rejected by the Registrar."
Now, I'm not saying everything ACORN has done has been without fault, or that the left isn't guilty of distorting facts, too.
I'm just saying that it's too bad that political discourse in this country has descended to the point that the truth is now irrelevant.
Most Commented On
- That's great. Don't vote then. - July 22, 2014
- Indeed - July 22, 2014
- Because everyone benefits from vehicular traffic - July 22, 2014
- I'm fine with everyone paying for the cost of vehicle travel - July 22, 2014
- A $1 to MTA just goes on pay and benefits for MTA workers - July 22, 2014
- No, most San Franciscans are not environmentalists. - July 22, 2014
- What's the average number of listeners to your show? - July 22, 2014
- An SFBG endorsement i probably worth about nine votes - July 22, 2014
- Yes, SFBG has a long history of slipping racism into music - July 22, 2014
- White People - July 22, 2014