Yael Chanoff reports from the scene of the Occupy building takeover with a really strange development:.
Police had put up barricades in front of 888 Turk, and many of the protesters were out of the building, but some were still inside. Then, after the front door was completely sealed, a lone man, his face covered by a black bandana, appeared on the roof. He held a brick in each hand, and after a dramatic pause, hurled one of the bricks into the crowd below. It struck a protester in the face, causing a bloody injury. Paramedics are on the scene.
The brick-thrower kept up the barrage, hitting another protester in the leg, then moved to an adjacent building and began throwing pipes, hitting a police car.
Hundreds of police arrived on the scene; The brick thrower apparently vanished.
Most Commented On
- "Rootless" was Tim's word and it is 100% inaccurate. - May 21, 2013
- Dan, we need to take the long view - May 21, 2013
- Agree, Dan, a strike like this is inexcusable from anyone who - May 21, 2013
- You are the one - May 21, 2013
- CPI is very low, which is why allowable rent increases are low - May 21, 2013
- You can use that rationalization to pay everyone more. So what? - May 21, 2013
- UCSF - May 21, 2013
- UCSF only has finite funding and if that is insufficient - May 21, 2013
- Slaves don't get paid. - May 21, 2013
- Never mind people, what about dogs? - May 21, 2013