Does anyone really think it's ok for the average CEO to make so much more money than the average worker that a person earning the median income in this country would have to work 244 years to earn what the median CEO earns in a year?
I mean, I think $3,072 an hour is pretty excessive pay for anyone, but let's give the conseratives their due: The person worked hard, and deserves to earn what the maket will pay him or her. If the typical worker in this country earned $500 an hour, that would be fine -- the person at the top ought to earn more than his or her employees (at least, that the capitalist way) -- but multiples of 244-1 are excessive an unstable.
Why not link CEO pay to the pay of the average worker? Why not say that no CEO can get more than 10 times (or even 20 times) what the lowest-paid person at that company makes? Nice incentive to pay your workers more.
Have at it, trolls.
Most Commented On
- OMG, you mean that the police sometimes have to use force to - May 22, 2013
- No Hysteria - May 22, 2013
- asking this question makes him a bigot? - May 22, 2013
- can't have your gluten-free - May 22, 2013
- Who is riled? He gave us a soft pitch. - May 22, 2013
- I disagree. - May 22, 2013
- Dude, his point was that it is whites who get uppity. - May 22, 2013
- Wow. Hilarious. "google is - May 22, 2013
- Again, your big argument seems to be that someone who - May 22, 2013
- Blitzer is pure beltway hack - May 22, 2013