One of the most prosaic lines in film history is in 1974's Godfather II. When Vito Corleone (Robert DeNiro) is asked by Peter Clemenza (Bruno Kirby) if he checked out the package of oily guns Clemenza had left him as the NYPD was hauling Clemenza away, Corleone replies coolly that "I'm not interested in things that don't concern me".
At that point, we realize that the future Don was not a Republican.
Today's GOPster clown cultist is obsessed with things that do not concern them. Embryos and fetuses germinating in women they've never met. Same sex couples marrying thousands of miles from them. The well-being of the same plutocracy that do not pay them the same mind back in the least.
Conversely, when it is things that do concern them--Gulf oil spills, rising seas, warrantless searches of emails and phone calls, endless wars---oddly indifferent.
When someone prioritizes the irrelevant over the important, what else can one say?
They're fucking daft.
Most Commented On
- Very true. I ride my bike - December 12, 2013
- yes, ignorance - December 12, 2013
- They make some of the - December 12, 2013
- Your attitude reminds me of - December 12, 2013
- You just proved his point for him. - December 12, 2013
- Some can, maybe. Most cannot and do not. - December 12, 2013
- In theory, kids and seniors can ride a bike. - December 12, 2013
- ack - December 12, 2013
- "We're not all affluent white - December 12, 2013
- search engine: 1. Seniors - December 12, 2013