A realization reached this morning while Google (or in this case, Froogal) Hanging with Houston rapper's Fat Tony video for "Hood Party": A look at someone's desktop can tell you more about a certain breed of 2013 person than watching them speed hunt-'n'-peck their way through their inbox on the other bar stool. Small wonder then, that the screen grab confessional is now a thing. Thanks in part goes to local goth-hop promotor Marco de la Vega's current video installation, viewable IRL through June 30 at Little Paper Planes' Owl Cave Books video installation space. Viewing instructions to my Guardianistas: play loud af in your headphones.
Watch the clip above for the real life daytime dealings of a club promotor, including the inner workings of Ticketfly, kitty cuddles, email inbox exposure, and cameos by some real cute videos-within-video: Mykki Blanco's latest headturner and a compilation of death drops by vogue legend Erica Kane. Disclosing fully: De la Vega is not only a Guardian posterchild, but also a FB chat buddy of mine. Of course, that'll be obvious to anyone who makes it to the 4:11 mark in the video. You can check out a whole bunch of other hip-to-the-minute clips made for Owl Cave's video series on its Youtube channel.
Most Commented On
- Learn the facts about the damaging stadium lighting ! - July 25, 2014
- Video available to learn more - July 25, 2014
- Learn more in the video about this project - July 25, 2014
- Israel will stop when Hamas - July 25, 2014
- I know! - July 25, 2014
- A bunch of honkys, - July 25, 2014
- Beach Chalet Ballot Initiative - July 25, 2014
- You mean like a communist - July 25, 2014
- hello Jaclyn :P - July 25, 2014
- Ginsburg was hired to fuck - July 25, 2014